This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These delicious recipe ideas for Valentines Desserts are sure to please your sweetie.
Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not, here are some dessert recipes that would make anyone swoon. From cakes, to truffles, to a few fun treats perfect for school treat bags, you’re sure to find something to tempt your taste buds.
Many can be prepared a day or two ahead to help you focus your attention on your loved one’s on the big day instead of being stuck in the kitchen. AND there are a few gluten-free* options too!
Recipes perfect for Valentines Desserts:
- Valentine’s Popcorn: This one is easy as … well, popcorn, and makes the perfect class party treat when individually packaged.
- Flourless Chocolate Brownie: No one will miss the flour in this brownie, with pecan or almond meal as a replacement. When I made these last year, I thought my husband and I would be the only ones to enjoy it, but I was super surprised to find both of my teenagers (one who is very picky) helped these disappear in a day. Top with your favorite ice cream and the warm dark chocolate sauce included in the recipe and your heart will be glad.
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee: One of my favorite desserts. Out of the four recipes, this one calls for a little more attention, but don’t let that keep you from making it. What I like about Creme Brulee is that it can be made a couple of days ahead, refrigerated, then finished with the crunchy top just before serving.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles: Oh dear … I can only say these are a little dangerous. The recipe makes 48, so they’re perfect for a party, or to share with friends and neighbors.
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Recipe: Think of a chocolate covered strawberry in cake form.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake: This cake if over the top decadent. It’s a little more involved, but for a special occasion, it’s worth it.
- Yellow Butter Cake with Malted Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: A classic yellow cake with an fantastic malted buttercream.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars Recipe: If your Valentine likes chocolate and peanut butter these easy cheesecake bars will hit the spot.
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes Recipe: These decadent chocolate cupcakes will definitely please any chocolate fan.
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Espresso Glaze: Chocolate with more chocolate drizzled on top. Oh yeah!
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallows: These little sweet treats are so fun and a perfect for parties. Personalize them how you like! These Pretty in Pink Party Marshmallows are perfect for parties.
- Holiday Pavlova Wreath Recipe: This dessert makes such special presentation. It’s delectable too!
- Black and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels: Simple and fun treats! Great for sharing in treat bags.
- Poached Pears with Pinot: Sophisticated looking but oh so easy to make.
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers: More chocolate and more peanut butter—yay! Peanut butter crackers jacked up. These are incredible!
- Pineapple Cake Recipe: This cake is so light, fluffy and not too sweet. Great for special occasions!
- Easy Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert Recipe: These couldn’t be easier to make and so pretty too!
- Southwestern Banana Split Recipe: This banana split recipe is scrumptious. The chocolate syrup alone is not to be missed. Delish!
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake: Ice cream cake to the max. Oreo cookies and chocolate cake layered with vanilla ice cream. YUM!
- Vanilla Cake with Toasted Coconut Frosting: Classic flavors create to combine an irresistible cake.
- Dr Pepper Cake Recipe: Oh my … this cake! The Dr. doesn’t mess around.
- Meyer Lemon Thyme Icebox Cake Recipe: No oven needed for this one! Delicious and lovely.
- Oreo Pancakes Recipe: Pancakes for dessert? Oh yes! These would be perfect.
I hope these recipes help inspire something sweet to add to your special plans. Wishing you and yours a lovely week and a very happy Valentine’s Day!
Updated 2/8/15. Originally posted 2/11/13.