Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake was calling my name from the freezer. Loudly. It had to be stopped. And so it was.
I’m not like that with all desserts. Usually after a few bites, I’m satisfied, and could give or take another serving. Not this Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake. No sirree. But I say if you’re going to consume calories make them count. And this certainly did. It was like a giant Oreo, but only better.
In the past I’ve paid for ice cream cakes for special occasions, but after the success of this simple, yet decadent and devil-ish Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake, I’ll making them in the future. It really was quite easy. Baking the cake was the most difficult part. Of course, if in a hurry, a store bought cake could certainly be used.
For your next celebration, try a Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake. What a fun birthday cake it would make. Remember: birthday calories don’t count. So when you’re ready to celebrate, have at it!
A few Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake notes:
– I used my favorite chocolate pound cake recipe. The same recipe I used in the Chocolate Muffins with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting. One of the 2 loaf cakes that it makes when divided between 2 loaf 9×4″ pans was used for this ice cream cake recipe. This chocolate pound cake recipe is irresistible. My daughter thinks the cake alone tastes like ice cream. It’s my favorite! P.S. Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder is worth taking the time to find for this cake recipe. I always keep it stocked.
– Work quickly when putting the cake together. Ice cream has a tendency to melt. 😉 So be prepared with all pieces and parts ready to assemble.
– Easily substitute fruit or other cookies for the Oreos, or delete the cookies altogether. Another flavor of ice cream or cake could be used as well to create your own ice cream cake creation.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 9x4" loaf chocolate pound cake (I used my favorite chocolate pound cake recipe
- 5 cups (or thereabouts) vanilla ice cream (I used little less than 1 1/2 quart)
- 18 Oreos
- Optional: 1 cup whipped cream
- Line a loaf pan that is the same size as the pound cake being used with wax paper.
- Slice the pound cake length-wise into 3 equal layers.
- Place a layer of the cake in the bottom of the wax paper lined loaf pan.
- Spread about one third of the ice cream, slightly softened, over the cake.
- Sprinkle a layer of crushed Oreos/chocolate cream-filled cookies over the ice cream; gently press into the ice cream.
- Repeat sequence twice more until you've built 3 layers of each
- Gently press a layer of wax paper over ice cream cake to seal.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until firm.
- Optional: When ready to serve, top with layer of whipped cream, and more crushed Oreos/chocolate cream-filled cookies.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
(This post contains affiliate links.)