Black and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
These fun Black and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a great little treat to add to your next party plans. They are quick and easy to make and will rival any black and white cookie with the addition of a bit of salt and crunchiness.
If you’re feeling extra culinarily trendy these black and white chocolate covered pretzels are an easy sweet treat. Black and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a fun party food or a delicious snack. They are simple too: big sourdough pretzels halfway dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate, cooled and then halfway dipped in melted white chocolate, resulting in a snazzy black and white sweet treat with a bit of salt and lots of crunch. The perfect snack combination!
If you’re as adept at chocolate dipping as we are, you probably end up with a sticky sweet mess and half the chocolate on your hands. Thankfully we’ve picked up a easy few tricks so you don’t waste time or chocolate!
A few handy dandy chocolate dipping tips:
- We use our electric fondue pot for melting chocolate, its super quick and easy when using larger amounts of chocolate. Plus, when you’re done you can leave the leftover chocolate to cool, cover and come back later to dip whatever tickles your fancy.
- My personal preference for melting chocolate is Merckens chocolate. It melts very nicely. However for these pretzels we used chocolate chips. They worked just fine.
- Another little thing I’ve noticed is that sometimes the melted chocolate gets a little too thick and goopy, to remedy this add some coconut oil and mix in until smooth. It works wonders to thin and smooth out the chocolate, a couple of tablespoons or so work added a little at a time until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- To dip these pretzels, we didn’t actually dip the whole thing at once. Dip chocolate cool and firm up, then dip the other half.
While you’re dipping, here are some other fun treats to make:
Black and White Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate* for melting
- 6 ounces white chocolate* for melting
- 6 large sourdough pretzels
- Line baking sheet with wax paper or silicone liner.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip half of the pretzel in melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with all pretzels. Allow chocolate to cool and firm up. If needed, dipped pretzels may be placed in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to speed things up.
- Repeat process with white chocolate until all pretzels are finished.
- Store covered in air-tight containers until ready to serve.
*Depending on size of container being used for dipping more chocolate may need to be used to have it deep enough to dip into. A 2-cup glass measuring cup works well for small amounts.