Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, like most quick breads, is easy to make and is excellent for sharing as an edible gift throughout the holiday season. It’s a terrific slightly sweet treat. Try toasting it up to enjoy with a cup of tea! Delicious!
Pumpkin puree combines with simple ingredients like cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar and of course, chocolate chips, to create this tasty Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread that is the perfect partner for tea or coffee. This pumpkin bread is not overly sweet and an excellent addition to a breakfast or brunch menu.
Like many quick bread recipes, this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is simple to make. The batter comes together very easily. Begin by whisking together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Separately, beat together the butter and sugar for a few minutes. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until smooth. Finish by adding the flour mixture along with chocolate chips (I like to use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips) to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as overmixing can produce a tough, dense cake. Spread the scrumptious batter into a 9×4 inch loaf pan and baked until done.
This tasty bread takes a little less than an hour to bake, depending on your oven, of course. Be sure to check for doneness as all ovens and baking pans can have different baking results. Let bread cool slightly before serving. Once cooled, if you’d like you can drizzle with melted chocolate for a little more sweetness.
Without a doubt this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is perfect for wrapping up to share with friends or family for a delightful edible gift. Also, the batter can be divided and baked as muffins or mini loaves to share. Just be sure to adjust bake times accordingly.
My husband says that this pumpkin bread has “an old fashioned taste.” “In a good kind of way,” he says. It reminds him of something his grandmother would have baked. I don’t know about you, but that’s just about as good of a testimony that I will ever need. I hope you enjoy this bread as much as our family does. Happy baking!
More pumpkin recipes you will enjoy:
- Pumpkin Scones Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- Easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie with Toasted Pecan Praline Topping
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease or coat with baking spray one 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, in a separate mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until lighter and fluffy, about 4 minutes; stop to scrape sides of bowl down a couple of times. Add eggs, one at a time; beat to incorporate after each addition. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture, and chocolate chips; mix until just combined. Do not over mix, which means to stop mixing when you don't see the white of the flour anymore.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350-degrees F until cake tester or wooden toothpick/skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in pans for about 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove and transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or allow cake to finish cooling completely before storing. Optional: drizzle top with melted chocolate.
*I like to use mini chocolate chips for this bread. They distribute throughout the batter nicely for itty bitty chocolatey bites.