Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes Recipe
This recipe for Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes is the perfect dessert for the chocolate lover. They’re rich, indulgent, and a great special occasion treat.
If you like chocolate, I mean REALLY like chocolate you’ve gotta try these Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. At first sight I knew I had to make these Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. Even though ganache sounds fancy, it’s pretty simple stuff. I’ll have to admit, I was a bit intimidated when I first checked out the recipe, but honest, these were pretty easy.
The cupcake recipe ingredients are the basic cake making components, plus chocolate syrup, and instant coffee (sounds good, huh?) The ganache recipe is even easier. It calls for cream, chocolate chips and instant coffee (optional). That’s it. Easy-breezy-lemon-squeezy. Right?
The Hershey’s chocolate syrup is big chocolate player. A whole can of the good stuff. No joke. But who’s complaining? Certainly not me.
The process is straight forward cake baking. Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs one at a time, and beat until smooth. Mix in the chocolate syrup, then add the vanilla, coffee and flour until just combined—don’t over mix! Fill cupcake liners halfway and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
***An important note: You must let the cupcakes cool thoroughly IN the muffin pan! So make sure you have enough pans ready for the second batch, unless you can wait. If you try to remove cupcakes before they’re cool they will collapse. Of course, I’m only guessing that will happen, I wouldn’t know for sure …
For the ganache, combine the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
These are super yummy reheated in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Just make sure you’re stock up with plenty of cold milk. You’ll need it!
And while my husband said he’d prefer it without the coffee, I think the coffee balances the sweetness as well as deepens the overall flavor, but you could certainly delete the coffee if needed.
- ¼ pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (16-ounce) can Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease muffin pan or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix in the flour and coffee granules until just combined. Be careful not to over beat, just barely mix all ingredient together.
- Fill muffin cups with batter halfway. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over bake! Let cool thoroughly in the muffin pan. Again, let cool thoroughly in the muffin pan. I repeat, let cool thoroughly in the muffin pan. Get it? Got it? Good.
- In a double boiler (with simmering water in the bottom) heat the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and instant coffee until warm and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- If you’d like you can dip the tops of the cupcakes into the ganache. (I didn’t dip these. I topped the cupcakes with a spoonful of ganache but if you like dipping, have at it. It may look mo’ bettah dipped.)