Easy Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert Recipe
This pretty Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert is a super easy recipe to prepare and perfect for any special occasion.
Entertaining is something I have really grown to enjoy. Decorating a table, planning a menu (particularly dessert!), and adding other special touches to make things festive can be fun, especially when entertaining a group of ladies. Whether it’s to celebrate an event, like a new baby or upcoming wedding, or maybe just getting together for the sake of catching up, it’s all fun to me.
Over the years I have learned to keep things simple. I don’t know about you, but in the past there have been times that I would tend to “bite off more than we can chew” when planning for a gathering. I’ve lived and learned. I still like to “fluff” and add those special touches, but without all of the fuss. Let’s call it “fluff with no fuss.” Or fuss-less fluff?
Anyway, that is why quick and easy desserts, like this Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert, are so appealing. This dessert is still impressive, yet could not be easier. It’s really much fancier than it looks!
A few basic ingredients are all that will be needed for this easy napoleon dessert. Prepared puff pasty, fresh blueberries, lemons, cream cheese, and whipping cream all come together to create a fresh and light dessert, that is almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
The preparation is simple too. The lemon cream filling can be made a day or two ahead for easy assembling before serving. Or better yet, make a napoleon dessert bar with a variety of berries on hand, and let each person assemble their own napoleon to their liking. How fun would that be? It would be easy too, but still so lovely. I’m thinking a napoleon bar will make an appearance at my next ladies get-together for sure.
I hope you enjoy this easy summery Easy Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert recipe as much as we do.
More easy dessert recipes you will enjoy:
- Mini Chocolate Strawberry No Bake Desserts
- Strawberry Tart
- Frozen Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Pie
- Easy Lemon Pie Dip Recipe
Easy Blueberry Lemon Napoleon Dessert
This easy dessert is perfect for spring and summer celebrations!
- 1 prepared puff pastry sheet approximately 9×10-inches, thawed
- pinches of cinnamon
- pinches of brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- fresh blueberries and/or other berries
- optional: powdered sugar or honey
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 9 approximately 3-inch squares; arrange on parchment paper lined baking sheet, sprinkle each square with cinnamon and brown sugar; bake at 400-degrees F for 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Let cool. Split each puff pasty square in half creating two layers.
- In a mixing bowl whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl mix together cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until combined.
- Layer split puff pastry squares, lemon cream mixture and fresh blueberries to build individual napoleons.
- Optional: dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with honey.
Originally published April 25, 2014.