Easy Garlic Shrimp Recipe
You won’t believe how quick and easy these delicious Garlic Shrimp are to prepare. Serve as a party appetizer, make a light meal with them and serve with a tossed salad or serve them atop a pasta for a heartier dish.
These delicious Easy Garlic Shrimp are lightly seasoned with lemon juice, cumin, a bit of red pepper, and of course, fresh garlic. Simple seasonings that combine together to make a crowd pleasing dish, not to mention super duper easy.
When was the last time you were able to get dinner cooked in under 5 minutes? With a little prep ahead of time, this quick and easy Garlic Shrimp can be cooked in a few short minutes. By the time you walk in the door, turn on the broiler, spread the shrimp in a pan, place them under the broiler, you hardly have time to change into your yoga pants before it’s done and ready to enjoy. Serve these delicious shrimp with a simple tossed salad and you’ve got yourself one satisfying yet light meal. This garlic shrimp dish is not only perfect for dinner, but fabulous for a quick party appetizer too! I would consider double or tripling the recipe if serving these shrimp for a party because they will disappear quickly.
The prep ahead for this recipe is easy enough. It consists of whisking together a simple marinade, adding the shrimp and letting them camp out in the fridge, marinating (up to a day ahead) until ready to cook. So easy! I do appreciate recipes that can be prepped ahead, especially when entertaining.
Check out this handy kitchen tool tip: A microplane is the perfect tool for grating garlic directly into any dish. It works like a charm!
More delicious shrimp recipes you’ll enjoy as much as this Easy Garlic Shrimp:
Easy Garlic Shrimp
A flavorful shrimp dish that can be ready in a few minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled (except for tails) and deveined
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes.*
- Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Spread shrimp along with marinade in single layer in an oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
- Place in center of oven and broil for 3 minutes, until pink.
*Shrimp may be marinated for longer, up to a day. If marinating longer than 20 minutes, omit lime/lemon juice, then add juice just before cooking.
Originally published October 23, 2015.