Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon Recipe + Peach & Pepper Relish
This easy flavorful Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon Recipe, with a subtle sweetness and a bit of spice, is quick and easy to prepare for any night of the week. Top it off with a bit of crunch with a sweet and savory Peach and Pepper Relish.
Confession time, until a few years ago I have not been a big fan of salmon. I know, I know … shame on me. I was introduced to strong smelly salmon in my younger years and it was not a good impression. Let’s just say that it was not prepared properly. Now I know better and I’m happy to say that those salmon-hating days are over.
We enjoy experimenting with different salmon recipes and techniques from grilling to broiling, baking and pan frying. I have shared before how to grill salmon, but personally I think there is more control with a skillet.
This Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon Recipe is an excellent example of how to cook tasty salmon every time. A simple dry rub of warm spices is applied, the salmon is cooked for a short 4 minutes on the stove top, then glazed with honey, and finished under the broiler in a quick 2 minutes. Six minutes is all the cook time you need and it is done to perfection. And don’t forget the relish! Serve the finished salmon warm, topped with a crunchy sweet and savory Peach and Pepper Relish, along with a tossed salad for one amazing meal.
This Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon Recipe is easy. It’s quick. AND it is super delicious! I promise. Even those less-than-salmon-fans will enjoy this tasty salmon recipe. Just try it and see, then be sure to let me know how it goes!
Try these other salmon recipe too:
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon with Peach and Pepper Relish
A flavorful salmon recipe with a subtle sweetness and a bit of spice. A sweet and savory relish tops it all off with a bit of crunch.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup diced sweet peppers
- 1/3 cup diced peaches
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place oven rack in middle and preheat oven broiler to 400-degrees F.*
- Combine paprika, chili powder, ground ginger, browns sugar and salt. Rub on flesh sides of salmon.
- Heat oven-proof skillet on stovetop over medium-medium high heat. Coat skillet with canola oil.
- Cook salmon skin side up for 2 minutes, shaking occasionally to keep from sticking. Flip to skin side down and cook 2 more minutes. Coat tops and sides with honey.
- Place in middle rack of oven and cook additional 2 minutes for a medium doneness. Adjust cook time for preferred doneness.
- Mix all ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*If your broiler does not have a variable temperature control, place oven rack in lower position.
Relish recipe adapted from Cooking Light September 2010.
Originally published April 28, 2016.