Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken is an easy and delicious, savory chicken dish with a lovely combination of balsamic vinegar, basil and peaches.
I have a theory that anything roasted, sautéed or seasoned with balsamic vinegar is going to be delicious. Considering that many people enjoy balsamic vinegar simply combined with a bit of olive oil as a salad dressing or for dipping bread in leads me to believe that my theory holds water (or vinegar in this case). The theory obviously also includes yummy fresh fruits roasted in balsamic vinegar (check out this cobbler for tasty reference). Add aromatic basil and fresh peaches to the mix and you’ve got a winning flavor combination that will have everyone looking for seconds. Which is why this Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken recipe is all kinds of wonderful.
This Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken recipe is an easy one skillet dish that is ready in no time. It’s the perfect recipe for a family weeknight meal and another great reason to break out your trusty cast iron skillet.
How to make Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken
Prep is easy and quick. Begin by preheating your oven. Sprinkle both sides of the bone-in chicken with salt and pepper, then heat a large, oven-proof skillet (I like to use a good cast iron skillet for this recipe) over medium high heat. When skillet is warm, add butter and oil. Once the butter melts, add the seasoned chicken pieces and cook for two minutes on each side or until browned. Remove the chicken and set aside, leaving any oil in the pan. Reduce the heat and add sliced onion. Sauté for four minutes. Next, add the garlic and ground ginger and sauté for about a minute.
Almost there! The chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, peaches and basil go in next. Bring it all to a simmer and continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Finish this dish by returning the chicken to the pan, turning each piece to coat in the sauce. Arrange the chicken in a single layer, skin side up, and bake at 350-degrees for 30 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Now, just wait for the tempting aromas to start wafting followed by everyone lining up for dinner. And don’t toss that sauce! A delicious sauce is leftover in the skillet from the juices, spices and vinegar that is absolutely delectable over rice or potatoes. We served this Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken with a side of rice and steamed veggies. You’ll find this to be a scrumptious dinner that you will make over and over again!
Balsamic Basil Peach Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces*
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, grated/minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil to skillet. Once butter melts, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken; set aside. Leave oil in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic and ground ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, peaches and basil. Bring to a simmer, continue to cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to pan, turning to coat in sauce. Arrange chicken in single layer, skin side up. Bake in preheated oven at 350-degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
*Boneless, skinless chicken pieces may be used. Reduce baking time as needed.