Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
This quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe is full of flavor and quick to make. You can have it ready in 15 minutes!
I do love a good basic recipe. This Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe is just that. Of course, a basic recipe doesn’t necessarily mean that it lacks in flavor. To me a good basic recipe does not have a bunch of crazy ingredients or complicated techniques. It’s straightforward.
This basic, yet delicious, Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe combines olive oil, butter, shrimp, fresh garlic, lemon and parsley with a few pinches of red pepper for a bit of heat. All basic ingredients that combine to make one delicious dish in no time! Forest would most definitely approve.
As I said before the process this scampi recipe is quick and easy. This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare. Really! That’s all! So it is perfectly perfect for any night of the week. We always tend to have most ingredients for this recipe on hand. There is usually a bag of frozen shrimp stashed in the freezer to fall back on when we haven’t planned our meals well.
To prepare, begin by heating a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter, heat until bubbly, toss in the shrimp, along with minced garlic, salt, and a bit of chopped fresh parsley. Saute for 2 minutes, then stir in some fresh lemon juice, cook for another minute and, voila, the scampi is done! Shrimp Scampi is great served over rice or pasta, or alone with a big salad.
(Please note, these photos don’t show deveined shrimp, but I do prefer to devein shrimp prior to cooking. Chalk it up to a brain fog that day. Of course you don’t have to devein shrimp. I do recommend it though.)
More delicious AND easy shrimp recipes you will enjoy:
- Easy Spicy Shrimp Recipe
- Shrimp Creole Recipe
- Easy Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Shrimp and Grits Recipe
- Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Easy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, divided
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to skillet. When oil and butter is bubbly, add ground red pepper; stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- Toss in shrimp, minced garlic, salt, half of parsley; continue to stir for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cook, stirring for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve warm over rice or pasta.
Originally published June 12, 2015.