Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Broccoli, with delicious crispy browned edges and hints of lemon and garlic, is an easy side dish to serve with any meal and can be ready in 15 minutes.
I do enjoy how roasting accentuates the flavor in foods, especially vegetables. With minimal effort and ingredients, a short visit to the oven can deliver a savory (low carb!) side dish in no time. This Roasted Broccoli Recipe is a delicious example of how roasting can take a somewhat bland vegetable to one that is devoured and requested again and again.
This Roasted Broccoli recipe is such an easy side dish to make any night of the week. It pairs well with salmon, chicken or beef. One of our favorite go-to weekly meals is grilled salmon with this roasted broccoli. It sure does hit the spot, and is such a healthy, not to mention, quick and easy meal.
How to Roast Broccoli
- Begin by lining a baking sheet with baking parchment and preheating the oven to 450-degrees F.
- Then, simply toss quartered broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper on the baking sheet. Spread the broccoli out in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 450-degrees F until lightly browned.
- Optional, garnish with freshly grated or shaved parmesan.
There you have it. So quick. So easy. A nutritious and delicious side dish ready in only about 15 minutes? That’s hard to beat.
So much flavor is added in the simple process of roasting. While roasting, the broccoli develops slightly browned and crispy edges, with almost a nutty flavor. Delicious! Little hints of fresh lemon peek through along with bits of garlic, which are such a nice addition. As noted in the recipe, another nice addition, if you would like, is to garnish with grated parmesan as soon as you remove it from the oven.
I think you will find this easy Roasted Broccoli will quickly become a favorite side dish for serving throughout the year. As I mentioned before, it is such a nice compliment to fish, chicken and beef, or serve it all by itself for a light meal or snack. Enjoy!
More easy side dish recipes you will enjoy:
- Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots
- Easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Garlic Potato Wedges
- Easy Mediterranean Vegetables Recipe
- Blackeye Pea Salad Recipe
- Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad
- Easy Garlic Lemon Green Beans Recipe
Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into quarters*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to low. Preheat oven to 450-degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Spread broccoli on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, squeeze lemon juice over broccoli, sprinkle minced garlic, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss all together on pan to coat.
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- If desired, garnish with grated parmesan.
*If broccoli has large stem, cut stem off, peel and quarter stem.