Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
This Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe will have all the little rabbits (and big ones too) running to the kitchen. This side dish is simple to prepare and the perfect colorful spot on a plate.
If you’re looking for a simple side dish for a weeknight meal or for a holiday meal these colorful roasted carrots make a nice addition to a savory meal. Subtly sweet, with hints of ginger means that these roasted carrots won’t be left on the plate. In fact, you’ll be lucky if they even make it to the table.
I love easy recipes like this one. You know the kind. Easy and stress-free. I call them “toss and go.” Here’s what I mean: toss carrots together with a few basic ingredients, then toss them in the oven to roast while you go tend to something else. Having a selection of go-to fuss-free recipes like this make entertaining or preparing nightly meals for your family so much more enjoyable. And when they taste good, too, it’s a win win for everyone.
These Ginger Honey Roasted Carrots would be the perfect vegetable to add to your Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter menu plans. I think the honey ginger flavors go so well with any poultry and pork, and the bright orange carrots are candy to the eyes.
Here are a few other easy “toss and go” recipes you may enjoy:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds carrots, tops removed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 500-degrees F. Place rack in middle.
- Halve or quarter (length-wise) any carrots that are thicker than 1-inch in diameter.
- Melt butter on large rimmed baking sheet pan.
- Toss carrots in butter and remaining ingredients, spread out evenly on sheet pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350-degrees F and continue to roast, tossing occasionally, for 20-25 minutes more. Carrots should be tender and slightly browned.