Frozen Mint Julep Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Frozen Mint Julep is the perfect refreshing adult beverage for celebrating special occasions.
So, I’ve never been to a horse race. But I sure can pretend, wearing a big fancy hat while I sip a Frozen Mint Julep. Go horsey! Go!
Who says you need a horse in a race to enjoy Mint Juleps anyway? Especially Frozen Mint Juleps. Frozen is the way to go, yo. They are the quintessential drink for any spring or summertime event, like folding clothes. Or perhaps washing the car? You can even wear a big hat if that makes it more Mint Julep-y for you. Invite some friends over and you can have a pitcherful of these Frozen Mint Juleps whipped up in no time to share with your best buddies, horse race or not.
What’s even better about these Frozen Mint Juleps is that they are super easy to make with most prep being able to be done ahead of time. So, that means they are perfect for entertaining, whether trackside or not. Being by making a simple mint syrup. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Place some fresh mint leaves in a heat-proof bowl, then pour the hot sugar water mixture over the mint. Stir together and allow to sit until completely cooled. The syrup can be refrigerated until ready to use. Refrigerate any unused syrup covered for up to a week. Be sure to strain and discard the mint before serving.
When ready to prepare the drinks, blend together some mint syrup, ice and bourbon until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh mint. That’s it! So easy. For a non-alcoholic version, just omit the bourbon.
Cheers! Be sure to enjoy these Frozen Mint Juleps responsibly. Check ya later. Going to hunt down my big hat.
More refreshing cocktail recipes to chill out with:
- Blueberry Bellini Recipe
- Frozen Coconut Limeade
- Honey Lemon Balm Spritzers
- Cherry Gin Fizz
- Mimosa Recipe
- Frozen Mint Julep Recipe
- Easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- Margarita Recipe from A Spicy Perspective
Frozen Mint Julep Recipe
For Mint Syrup (makes about 2/3 cup):
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint, rinsed and rough chopped
For Mint Juleps:
- 4 ounces mint syrup
- 5 cups crushed ice (or small cubes)
- 4 ounces bourbon (adjust strength to your liking)
- fresh mint for garnish
- For the Mint Syrup: In a small saucepan stir together sugar and water. Bring to a boil, cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add mint to a heat-proof bowl. Pour hot sugar water over mint, stir together. Allow to cool completely. Refrigerate syrup (with mint) covered until ready to use. Strain and discard mint. Refrigerate any unused syrup covered for up to a week.
- For the Mint Juleps: In the pitcher of a blender, add mint syrup, ice and bourbon. Process until smooth. To serve, divide in to glasses; garnish with fresh mint.