Cherry Gin Fizz Recipe
A crisp and refreshing Cherry Gin Fizz beverage made with fresh cherries and lime juice. Easily adaptable for a non-alcoholic version.
I don’t know where you live, but here in The South it’s hot and muggy during the summer. And hot and muggy needs, no, it requires, refreshing crisp beverages like this Cherry Gin Fizz. Not that I need an excuse to enjoy a bubbly sweet drink, nor should you. Plus, the bright and happy color of this drink will put a smile on your face long enough to forget about the heat for a short while at least. Of course this cocktail can be enjoyed any time of the year, but it is especially refreshing after a long hot day.
This Cherry Gin Fizz, which can easily be made non-alcoholic, is the perfect answer to the hot and muggy days, and the perfect beverage to enjoy when you have fresh sweet cherries on hand. A few simple ingredients and a few minutes are all that is needed to make a glass of this perky drink.
Begin with some fresh cherries and sugar in a glass. Muddle them together. Add fresh squeezed lime juice, a bit of crushed ice, some club soda, and, if desired, a splash of gin. Stir it all together. Garnish with a cherry and lime slices for a delightfully crisp answer to the dog days of summer.
Planning a party? Set up a festive Gin Fizz bar with all the ingredients ready to go and simple instructions. Offer an assortment of fruit for guests to create their own version of this fizzy drink.
A few more summery beverages you may enjoy:
- Blueberry Bellini Recipe
- Mimosa Recipe
- Cherry Limeade Recipe
- Frozen Coconut Limeade
- Frozen Mint Julep
- Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Honey Lemon Balm Spritzer Recipe
- Mojito Recipe from Noble Pig
Cherry Gin Fizz Recipe
- 5-6 fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 teaspoons of sugar (super fine sugar is super fine)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 4 ounces club soda or sparkling water
- 2 ounces gin (omit for non-alcoholic version)
- Place cherries in a glass with sugar. Muddle together.
- Stir in lime juice. Add 1/2 cup of ice to glass. Pour in club soda and gin.* Gently stir to incorporate.
*For non-alcoholic version, omit gin and add more club soda to taste.
Originally published July 24, 2015.