Easy Cheesy Pesto Tortellini Recipe
In a rush and need a quick go-to for dinner tonight? Or a last minute dish to take to a party? This Easy Cheese Pesto Tortellini recipe is just the ticket when time is of the essence. And there is no flavor lost in the quickness of preparation with this recipe.
Using store-bought tortellini, this dish can be made and ready to impress quickly. Or better yet, prepare it the night before and finish baking it just before serving. It’s just way too easy to not have on the weekly menu rotation. And what’s even better is that all the ingredients can be kept stocked and ready to go so you’re never without a dinner idea. Plus if you’re prepping ahead, double or triple the batch, then divvy up and package to freeze for sharing later with a new neighbor, or brand new parents, or for last-minute holiday entertaining.
Serve this Easy Cheesy Pesto Tortellini alone, or as side dish, or toss in some grilled or broiled chicken or shrimp directly into the mix, if you need to stretch it out for more guests.
These easy pasta dishes are terrific for weeknight meals too:
Ravioli with Apples and Walnuts from Real Simple
- 1 pound tortellini, uncooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3-4 ounces basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Lightly coat 11x7-inch (approximately) baking dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions; drain.
- Whisk together marinara sauce with pesto.
- Toss tortellini in marinara/pesto mixture until coated. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Loosely cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted on top and sauce is bubbly.