DIY Chalkboard Pumpkin
This Chalkboard Pumpkin is a fun way to add a friendly message to your fall decor. It’s so very easy to make too. Really. A couple of simple supplies and very little time is all you’ll need for this fun pumpkin.
If you’re looking for fun and unique pumpkin decoration idea here’s another easy one to try: a Chalkboard Pumpkin. Write all the messages you want or doodle all day long on this pumpkin and avoid all the messiness of carving. You’ll only need a 2 simple supplies, plus a plump pumpkin and some chalk. Pumpkin painting is quick so you’ll have a chalkboard pumpkin ready to draw all over in no time.
What you’ll need:
- a pumpkin (artificial or real)
- chalkboard paint (if using a real pumpkin try to find a chalkboard paint that has a primer already included)
- inexpensive paint brush (foam brushes work great for this project)
What to do:
- Begin with a clean pumpkin (no dirty pumpkins allowed).
- Apply an even coat of chalkboard paint to pumpkin and let dry. Apply another coat if needed. Again, if using a real pumpkin make sure your chalkboard paint does not require a coat of primer before applying.
That’s it. So simple.
The only thing left to do is draw or write until your heart’s content. And the fun thing about a Chalkboard Pumpkin is that you can erase it and start all over the next day. If you have young children, have a set of colored chalk on hand for a rainy day activity and let them have at it! Doodling on a pumpkin can add a bit of whimsy to a rainy day.
If you haven’t seen the other easy ideas of how to decorate a pumpkin without carving it, check out these super simple kid-friendly ideas:
Happy pumpkin painting, y’all!