Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe with Bacon and Spinach
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach is a pasta lovers dream. A creamy garlicky alfredo sauce, tossed with fettuccine, crispy bacon, and fresh spinach come together to create one major dish of comfort food.
If you’re looking for a bowl (or two) of comfort in pasta form, here’s your fix: Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach. I won’t lie. This is one rich pasta dish so adjust your daily intake accordingly so you can fully enjoy a whole serving of this delicious pasta dish. It’s worth eating light for a day or taking an extra lap or two every now and then to enjoy a decadent dish. All things in moderation, right?
Don’t wait for the weekend. This Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach is easy enough to make for a weeknight meal. You’ll have a bowl of comfort ready in no time. This pasta dish is made using a basic Alfredo sauce, tossed with crispy bacon, and fresh spinach for good measure. It really is simple. Too simple to not enjoy tonight!
How to Make Fettuccine Alfredo with Bacon and Spinach
Begin by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Next, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Grate garlic directly into butter, and let mingle for about two minutes. Stir in heavy cream, salt and pepper, then simmer for three minutes. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water and continue to simmer for two more minutes. There’s a bit more whisking to do. Whisk in grated parmesan, and continue whisking until melted. Sauce should begin thicken a bit. Finish by stirring in bacon, and spinach. Stir well and allow the spinach to wilt. Drain pasta and add it to the pan. Toss to coat pasta with the sauce. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe with Bacon and Spinach Recipe
- 1 pound fettuccine (uncooked)
- water for pasta as needed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- optional: fresh parsley, rough chopped (for garnish)
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Grate garlic directly into butter, and let mingle for about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Continue to simmer 2 more minutes.
- Whisk in grated parmesan, continue to whisk until melted, about 2 minutes. Sauce should thicken a bit.
- Stir in bacon, and spinach; combine, allowing spinach to wilt.
- Add drained pasta to pan and toss to coat pasta.
- If desired, garnish with fresh parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.