Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe
This creamy Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe may seem like a fancy dish, but it’s oh so quick and easy to make. The recipe is easy enough for a weeknight meal, but elegant for entertaining or enjoying as a celebration dinner, and it is a terrific meatless option.
Pasta and me, we go way back. I could easily eat it everyday. Easily. Although it is something I’ve had to learn to eat in moderation. So when I do enjoy a pasta dish, I really want it to be worth it. And this Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe is so worth it. I promise.
While this creamy Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe may look sophisticated it could not be easier to make. Really! This rich pasta dish is full of flavor and cheesy goodness, and is oh so perfect for a special occasion meal or if you happen to be craving comfort food. It’s a great meatless option too.
Plus, this delicious pasta recipe can easily be prepared and ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes. Which beats having to drive to a restaurant and then having to wait any day in my book.
As I mentioned, this is one easy dish to make. Begin by cooking the linguine (or a pasta of your choice). While the pasta is cooking, whisk together flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside. Then in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil ripples, add sliced mushrooms, and sauté, followed by minced garlic, and quick 2 minute sauté until garlic just begins to brown. Whisk in the flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper mixture into mushrooms and garlic.
Almost done! Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3-4 minutes. The sauce will thicken. Next goes in the cheese! Stir until the cheese has melted, then stir in the spinach and allow to wilt. Finally, add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss to coat.
It really is quick to make. Once you see for yourself how quick and easy this Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe is you’ll be adding this tasty meal to your regular routine. It’s a keeper for sure!
More favorite pasta recipes you will enjoy:
- Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta
- Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe
- Pasta and Vodka Sauce Recipe
- Three Cheese Baked Mostaccioli from Tidy Mom
Mushroom Florentine Pasta Recipe
- 8 ounces (weight) linguine pasta, uncooked (same amount of other pasta may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces chicken broth (vegetable broth may be substituted)
- 8 ounces whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces (weight) Gruyere cheese (or Gouda), shredded
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions.
- Whisk together flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil begins to ripple add sliced mushrooms, sauté for 6 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté for 2 more minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Whisk flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper mixture into mushrooms and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese, stir until cheese has melted.
- Mix in spinach, allow to wilt.
- Add drained pasta to skillet, toss to coat.
Originally published September 4, 2014.