Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta
Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta is incredibly easy to prepare and oh so satisfying.
Easy recipes are so appealing, especially during a busy week. When it comes to easy recipes that taste fabulous too, well then you’ve got a real winner. This Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta recipe is just one of those. Pasta is a perfect go-to when prep time is short. This pasta recipe simplifies preparation and cooking so that even those least experienced can put it together with successful results.
Basically all ingredients (except the pasta) are roasted on a baking sheet in the oven while the pasta cooks. The prep time takes only a couple of minutes to cut tomatoes and grate the garlic and the cook time is about 30 minutes. Quick and easy! It’s the perfect meal for any night of the week and any leftovers (if any) are even delicious served chilled. You can easily toss in some grilled chicken or shrimp for a heartier meal or to extend the servings just a bit.
Both of our children will be in college this fall. I can hardly believe it! It truly is crazy how time flies. This recipe is one that I will share with them and equip them to make. Other than a few basic cooking and cutting utensils, a large baking sheet and a stock pot are really the only cookware needed for this Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta recipe. Not to mention the relatively low cost for this fabulous meal! Which makes this recipe oh so perfect for those working in smaller kitchens or working within a tight budget.
Regardless of your grocery budget, this recipe will not disappoint, and just because this recipe is super duper easy, it doesn’t mean that it’s lacking in the flavor department. It’s absolutely satisfying. Try this one soon and see for yourself. Enjoy!
Roasted Tomato Garlic Pasta
Roasted tomatoes and garlic are tossed with pasta to make this incredibly easy and oh so delicious pasta dish.
- 2 pounds small tomatoes (like grape or cherry)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound linguine pasta (or preferred pasta)
- 1/3 cup rough chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- optional: grated parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Slice 1/2 of tomatoes in half.
- Drizzle large rimmed baking sheet* with the olive oil. Add tomatoes and garlic to pan. Toss to coat; spread evenly in single layer. Roast at 425-degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, add salt, pepper, and butter; allow butter to melt; toss all together to coat. Spread evenly on pan and return to oven; roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven; add drained pasta, a smidgen of reserved pasta water, add the chopped basil to baking pan; toss to coat. Add more reserved pasta water as needed, a little at a time, to desired preference.
- Serve warm topped with additional chopped basil and grated parmesan (optional).
*For easy cleanup, line baking pan with aluminum foil or baking parchment.