Pretzel M&M Cookies Recipe
This Pretzel M&M Cookies Recipe combines the sweet, salty and crunch all in portable cookie form.
I have a confession to make. Years ago when our children were in elementary school, for the dreaded afternoon pickup line (if you know the line I speak of, you know the line, ya know?) I would grab some pretzels, a handful of M&Ms, and my water bottle to help me make it through. It was my daily ritual for years. I know. It should have been carrots and celery sticks, but this is confession time. People don’t confess about carrot and celery sticks.
Anyway, pretzels and chocolate are weakness for me. The salty, sweet, crunchiness of it all is hard to resist. When M&Ms started making the Pretzel M&Ms I was sure they had someone watching me in that pick up line. Paranoid? Perhaps. But it does seem quite odd that all these years … then all of a sudden—BAM—Pretzel M&Ms?
Anyway, I decided to put my two favorite snack-mates in a cookie, Pretzel M&M Cookies. And it was a real good idea so I’m sure somewhere someone is making it for mass production right now. But you don’t have to wait for that. Make your own Pretzel M&M Cookies right in your own home, like today! Get right on it! I think you’ll be glad that you did.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup broken pretzels pieces
- 1 cup chocolate candies (like M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Cream butter then add sugars and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well-combined. Add flour, sea salt, and baking soda to butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in broken pretzels and chocolate candies to incorporate.
- Scoop 1-inch balls of dough and place on parchment lined baked sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.