Easy Orange Baked Chicken Recipe
This delicious Orange Baked Chicken Recipe is easy enough for a quick weeknight meal, but don’t forget about it on the weekends either! It only takes 30 minutes of cook time for perfect chicken every single time.
Baked or roasted chicken is one of our regularly go-to main dishes. There are so many ways to combine your favorite savory flavor profiles with chicken and have it ready in about 30 minutes. It’s always perfectly cooked and full of flavor without being dry. It’s a no-brainer in our home, and always enjoyed by everyone.
Baked or roasted chicken is a main dish that pairs well with a number of side dishes so you can easily plan a well-balanced meal around this quick to prepare tasty dish. For side dishes to compliment baked chicken, consider quick baked potatoes, garlic lemon green beans, sweet potato fries, or a healthy tossed salad, to name a few.
This easy Orange Baked Chicken Recipe combines citrus and ginger that creates a subtle flavor for this tasty dish. Plus it smells so lovely while it’s baking which will always makes everyone ready and never late for supper.
- 3½-4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (use favorite pieces)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- orange slices
- Preheat over 450-degrees F.
- Spread chicken pieces evenly in oven-safe skillet, dutch oven, or casserole.
- Whisk together oil, orange juice, ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken; toss to coat.
- Lay an orange slice on top of each piece of chicken.
- Roast in preheated oven, uncovered for 30 minutes, or until chicken done.