Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Chocolate Chip Muffins is a recipe post from my daughter, Hope. She’s been playing with muffin recipes for a few months now. Some, she will be the first to tell you, have been total flops. But she has persevered and created what I think to be quite perfect in the way of muffins. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. It’s fun being a taste tester for a change. 😉
The perfect Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe to get your day started or to take a break and enjoy them for an afternoon snack.
Muffins can be tricky. Some people may hear the word “muffins” and think healthy cupcake, therefore most places that sell muffins cover them in chocolate, drench them with powdered sugar, fill them with cream cheese or other goodness deserving of a full-blown dessert, while others think of them as lumps of gluten, bran and mushy fruit. Which usually means one is left to choose between muffins drowning in sugar coatings, or visit the “healthy” muffin mongers who sell basically pastry rocks. Where’s the happy, tasty medium?
In addition, my personal problem is that I like muffins as a breakfast food, meaning my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet, so any attempt at baking before waking comes from a plastic bag that says “just add water.”
Yesterday I said no more! No more sickly sweet dessert or dry, rock-like muffins, and no more complicated recipes that require three cups of Joe to be awake enough to comprehend.
This muffin recipe is so simple and delicious. You’ll have them baking in the oven and filling the house with wonderful scents within minutes. And that’s something certainly lovely to wake up to in my book.
A few Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe notes:
- If you like to bake with whole wheat flour, we have made these using unbleached white whole wheat flour. It adds a nice texture. An equal amount of flour was used.
- I prefer mini chocolate chips. 1) They’re cute, and 2) they distribute evenly throughout the muffin so there are no chocolate clumps, giving a bit of chocolate in every bite.
- The recipe cook time and temperature below were for using in an aluminum, uncoated muffin pan. We split a batch to test two different kinds of muffins pans just to see what would happen. The photo below shows the ones cooked in the aluminum, uncoated muffin pan, and the darker taller ones on the right were baked in the dark, coated muffin pan. Same batch of muffin dough, same temperature, same oven rack position, same baking time. Crazy how different they are, isn’t it? With that said, adjust cook times accordingly.
More muffin recipes you will enjoy:
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins with a Cinnamon Crunch Topping
- Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Chocolate Muffins with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
The perfect muffin that's not too sweet and not too dry.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Butter or coat muffins tins with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs. Mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugars. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in milk and chocolate chips until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill greased muffin tin cups approximately 3/4 full and bake for 16-18 minutes, until done with a cake tester.
- Carefully remove from muffin tin and let cool.
- Makes 18 standard size muffins.
Love these muffins Hope. I could eat a whole batch myself. Can’t wait to try them out 🙂
Oh these look very, very yum! Pinned
These looks good! I want to try them with WHITE chocolate chips too! 🙂
YUM. I could really go for one of those right now!
My boys would love these!
I’ve never met a person who doesn’t love choc chip muffins! It’s been way too long since I made a batch. These look wonderful.
These look so great!! I love muffins like this!
I really like the addition of cinnamon in these. Nice touch!
Hello! These look amazing 🙂 is there a sugar substitute that we could use without changing the texture too much? Maybe coconut sugar or something like that?
I’ve never tried this with a sugar substitute so I do no know.
Can you use paper liners instead of just greasing the muffin pan? Thank You