Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you like me and waiting for the weather to turn cooler to enjoy those cozy comfort foods? I jumped the gun earlier this week and made a big pot of soup, White Bean Chicken Chili, one of our favorites. And just so the soup wouldn’t be lonely, I also made a batch of Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins. Yum.
With the addition of cheddar cheese, jalapeño, onion and black bean, these cornbread muffins made it to my list of keepers.
Adjust to your liking; amp up the spice with more jalapeño; omit the onion and/or black beans if they’re not your favorite.
A delicious savory bite, and the perfect compliment to soup, chili, or stew.
Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 jalapeño, finely diced (adjust for spice preference)
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together all dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the eggs, buttermilk and oil together in a small bowl, then stir into dry ingredients. Mix well, but be careful to not over mix.
- Add in cheese, jalapeño, onion and black beans, stir until combined.
- Fill muffin cups half full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.