Whipped Cream Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This fresh Whipped Cream Recipe shows you how very easy it is to make this classic.
Whipped Cream is so easy to make and a wonderful addition to so many things. I can’t imagine a strawberry shortcake without it. A warm mug of hot cocoa is splendid with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Berries and cream are stupendous! And fluffy pancakes with whipped cream and syrup … whoa Nellie!
Like I said, Whipped Cream is easy to make, but I will say I’ve messed up more batches than I’d like to admit due to getting distracted and allowing the cream to go pass the billowy stage to the bumpy stage. It can happen so very quick. So my tip is to be watchful and don’t wander away. Watch the cream whip and you won’t have any trouble. Billowy goodness will appear right before your eyes in no time.
A few tips for making fresh Whipped Cream:
- Keep things cold. Cream whips better when it’s cold and even when the bowl is cold. If you have time, chill your mixing bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Avoid over-whipping. Be watchful and whip just until soft peaks form.
- Ultra-pasteurized whipped cream is more difficult to whip. If using it instead of regular pasteurized whipped cream, make sure to begin with cold cream and a chilled mixing bowl.
These recipes are delicious with a dollop of whipped cream:
- Strawberry Egg Roll Recipe
- Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Oreo Pancakes Recipe
- Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Espresso Glaze
Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- optional: 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, begin slowly whisking cream in a clean mixing bowl. When it begins to thicken, increase speed and continue to whisk just until soft peaks form. If sweetened whipped cream is desired, sprinkle in sugar during whisking. Adjust sugar amount to desired sweetness.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.