Apple Pie Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our daughter, Hope, is here again to share an Apple Pie Recipe. Take it away, Hope!
This homemade Apple Pie Recipe is a classic and a favorite dessert for any time of the year.
Of all the American classic foods, Apple Pie is king, or at least somewhere up at the top of the list, right? What’s better than a sweet warm slice of Apple Pie topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream? It doesn’t get much better than that in my book.
Plus, Apple Pie is the perfect dessert for any season, holiday and or occasion where dessert is welcome. While some of the pickiest eaters may pass on pecan or pumpkin pie (I may have once), who can say no to Apple Pie? Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a scrumptious dessert.
With so many different apple pie recipes out there and store bought variations, this homemade Apple Pie Recipe is great for the perfect, simple, classic pie.
Now let me tell you, when that pie comes out of the oven cinnamon and sugar smells wafting, your first instinct will be to dig in face first. I have no qualms with this, except that until your pie has completely cooled the ooey gooey factor is extreme. So by letting it cool first, your slice can make it to the plate and your mouth in one piece. If you would like to serve it warm, just microwave for a little bit before adding that scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Many thanks to Hope for sharing about one of our family’s favorite desserts, one that Hope herself has baked more than once. Yay, Hope! Yay for daughters that know how to bake! Yay for pie!
Enjoy this one, y’all. And happy baking!
Apple Pie Recipe
- prepared 9-inch pie crust with top (2 piece pie crust)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apple
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare bottom shell pie crust, cover and refrigerate.
- Melt butter in a skillet or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, add water, sugars, cinnamon and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to a simmer. Add the apples, and let simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add 1/8 cup of the sauce from the other pan, plus the remaining tablespoon of butter, allow butter to melt, stir to combine, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture.
- Cover with top pie crust, crimping edges to hold together, cut slits in top to vent.
- Evenly spread/brush the glaze on the top pie crust.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.