Apple Pie Recipe
Hope is here again to share an Apple Pie Recipe. Take it away, Hope!
This Apple Pie Recipe is a classic and a favorite dessert for any time of the year.
Of all the American classic foods, Apple Pie is king or at least somewhere up at the top of the list, right? What’s better than a sweet warm slice of Apple Pie topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream?
Plus, Apple Pie is the perfect dessert for any season, holidays and hosting! While some of the pickiest eaters may pass on pecan or pumpkin pie (I may have once), who can say no to Apple? Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for scrumptious dessert.
With so many different recipes out there and store bought variations, this Apple Pie Recipe is great for the perfect, simple, classic pie. Now let me tell you, when that pie comes out of the oven cinnamon and sugar smells wafting, your first instinct will be to dig in face first. I have no qualms with this, except that until your pie has completely cooled the ooey gooey factor is extreme. So by letting it cool, your slice can make it to the plate and your mouth in one piece, just microwave to reheat!
- prepared 9-inch pie crust with top (2 piece pie crust)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apple
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare bottom shell pie crust, cover and refrigerate.
- Melt butter in a skillet or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, add water, sugars, cinnamon and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to a simmer. Add the apples, and let simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add ⅛ cup of the sauce from the other pan, plus the remaining tablespoon of butter, allow butter to melt, stir to combine, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture.
- Cover with top pie crust, crimping edges to hold together, cut slits in top to vent.
- Evenly spread/brush the glaze on the top pie crust.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.