Strawberry Egg Roll Recipe
This Strawberry Egg Roll Recipe makes the perfect dessert for any special occasion. Enjoy them dipped in chocolate, caramel or whipped cream—or all three!
And while I’m giving out advice here’s a word for you lovers: forgive. It’s a big word. Forgiveness is not always the easiest thing, but it sure is important. The way I see it, in relationships we inevitably do and say things to each other that leave marks or wounds. Those marks and wounds can build up like layers. I picture it like the onset of heart disease where gunk slowly builds over time gradually constricting an artery.
First we don’t notice it but eventually the blood flow is affected and our energy, vitality and overall health is sapped. If not diagnosed and fixed in time it can lead to bad stuff and irreversible wounds to the heart. This gunk in our arteries is like the emotional gunk that builds up when people in relationships don’t forgive. Something was said 20 years ago that still lingers and something was done 10 years ago that still stings or something was left unsaid last night that hurts. Without forgiveness it all sticks together and gradually chokes the relationship.
So while you’re enjoying these delicious strawberry treats with your best friend during a quiet, romantic evening at home, offer him/her your forgiveness. Give the precious gift of pardon to your love and dissolve that gunk in your heart, then celebrate by dipping a Strawberry Egg Roll in some chocolate. It’s the thing to do.
Disclaimer 1: For the record, the irony is not lost on me that I’m sharing a fried treat and using clogged arteries as an analogy. Please enjoy all things in moderation and follow it up with a long walk with your loved one.
Disclaimer 2: The previous statements are for entertainment purposes only. The writer is not qualified to give any actual relationship advice. Should you actually need relationship advice, please seek the services of a qualified professional.
- 1 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- 6 egg roll shells/wrappers
- oil, for frying
- optional: serve with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, fresh whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine diced strawberries, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour and water. Set aside.
- Begin heating oil to 375-degrees F in a heavy bottom pot.
- Lay individual egg roll wrapper on a clean, flat surface with a corner pointed toward you (so it looks like a diamond shape). Place about 1½ tablespoons of strawberry mixture near the closest corner. Fold the corner closest to you over the filling. Use your finger to paint the water/flour mixture on remaining exposed edges. Evenly and snuggly fold in sides of the wonton wrapper. Finish by rolling the egg roll up to close. Make sure it is sealed up tight with no holes showing. Repeat for each egg roll. Cover and refrigerate until oil is ready for frying.
- Gently place prepared egg rolls into 375-degree oil and cook until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels until cool enough to serve.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and/or fresh whipped cream.
You may also enjoy these other strawberry desserts: