Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Corn Salad never tasted so good. Fresh sweet corn mingles with avocado, bacon, tomato, and spinach in this tasty and super easy salad. This delicious Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish with your favorite main dish.
I do like a good side dish. Honestly, I’m probably more interested in the side dishes than main entrees, if given a choice. My sister and I joke about how the turkey at Thanksgiving is just a centerpiece. It’s all about the sides. Especially delicious salads like this sweet and savory Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad tossed with a simple homemade dressing.
Seriously, when I first made a batch of this salad with some fresh, crisp sweet corn, it was intended as a side dish with grilled Glazed Salmon, but it barely made it to the table. We were sneaking so many spoonfuls of this corn salad while we prepared the rest of the meal, there was not much left to enjoy with dinner. What an irresistible combination of flavors and textures. Randy said he felt like he was cheating and eating dessert before dinner. Yep, with a sweet and savory flavor combination, this easy corn salad is so very satisfying.
Preparation for this corn salad is quick and simple. No fancy ingredients. No special techniques. And, as I mentioned before, from experience, it’s always satisfying. In fact, I’ve learned to go ahead and double the recipe as we never seem to have enough.
Ingredients for Corn Salad
- white wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- ground red pepper
- diced avocado
- fried crumbled bacon
- fresh sweet corn kernels
- diced tomato
- chopped baby spinach leaves
How to Make This Easy Corn Salad
- Begin by making the dressing. In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Add diced avocado, crumbled bacon, fresh sweet corn kernels, diced tomato, and chopped fresh baby spinach leaves.
- Toss to coat and refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
See what I mean? It’s so quick and easy to make. This corn salad can be made in about 15 minutes and watch it be devoured quicker than that.
Corn Salad Recipe Tips:
- What I think makes this Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad perfect is fresh sweet corn cut right off the cob. We like to look for Silver Queen Corn or another white sweet corn if we can find it in season. It’s our favorite corn and adds a nice bite of sweet to partner with savory crispy bacon, avocado, tomato, and spinach. Of course, you may substitute canned corn if fresh isn’t an option. Just be sure to drain the canned corn thoroughly.
- This delicious corn salad is such a nice compliment to many main dishes. It can be prepped ahead, covered and refrigerated until ready to serve alongside your favorite grilled chicken, fish, hamburgers, ribs or steak. Or grab a spoon and just dig in! (P.S. If you have any corn on the cob leftover, check out this tasty way to cook corn on the cob from Spicy Southern Kitchen.)
More easy salad recipes:
- Blueberry Watermelon Feta Mint Salad
- Garlicky Orange Kale Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad Recipe
- Easy Layered Salad Recipe
Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 pieces of fried bacon, crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 5 ears of corn)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup rough chopped baby spinach leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
Originally published July 13 2016. Last updated April 18, 2023.