Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad
Corn Salad never tasted so good. Fresh sweet corn mingles with avocado, bacon, tomato, and spinach in this tasty salad. This delicious Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad can be enjoyed on its own or as a side dish with your favorite main dish.
I do like a good side dish. Honestly, I’m probably more interested in the side dishes than main entrees, if given a choice. My sister and I joke about how the turkey at Thanksgiving is just a centerpiece. It’s all about the sides. Especially delicious salads like this sweet and savory Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad tossed with a simple homemade dressing.
Seriously, when I first made a batch of this salad with some fresh, crisp sweet corn, it was intended as a side dish with grilled Glazed Salmon, but it barely made it to the table. We were sneaking so many spoonfuls of this corn salad while we prepared the rest of the meal there was not much left to enjoy with dinner. What an irresistible combination of flavors and textures. Randy said he felt like he was eating dessert before dinner. This easy salad is so very satisfying!
How to make this easy corn salad
Preparation for this salad is quick and simple.
- Begin by making the dressing. In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Add diced avocado, crumbled bacon, fresh sweet corn kernels, diced tomato, and chopped fresh baby spinach leaves.
- Toss to coat and refrigerate covered until ready to serve. It can be made in about 15 minutes and devoured quicker than that!
Serve this corn salad with
What I think makes this Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad perfect is fresh sweet corn cut right off the cob. We like to look for Silver Queen Corn or another white sweet corn if we can find it in season. It’s our favorite corn and adds a nice bite of sweet to partner with savory crispy bacon, avocado, tomato, and spinach. This delicious corn salad can be served alongside your favorite grilled chicken, fish, or steak, or grab a spoon and just dig in! (P.S. If you have any corn on the cob leftover, check out this tasty way to cook corn on the cob from Spicy Southern Kitchen.)
More easy salad recipes:
- Blueberry Watermelon Feta Mint Salad
- Garlicky Orange Kale Salad
- Shaved Asparagus Salad Recipe
- Easy Layered Salad Recipe
Avocado Bacon Tomato Spinach Corn Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 pieces of fried bacon, crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (about 5 ears of corn)
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup rough chopped baby spinach leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate covered until ready to serve.