Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This lip-smacking Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe is easy enough for bbq beginners and so delicious that even the pros will be claiming them as their own.
This Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe is a tasty take on baby back ribs that is super easy, relatively speedy when it comes to barbecue, and certainly no slouch in the flavor department. Of course, if you have your heart set on standing by a smoker for 5 plus hours, then this recipe probably isn’t for you. But, if you’re looking for great barbecue flavor with less stress and time, be sure to give these baby back ribs a try. I think you’ll be glad you did!
Baby back ribs don’t get much easier than this recipe. It can be made in stages for easy make-ahead prep. Easily whisk up the sweet and spicy glaze a day or so ahead of time, then keep refrigerated covered until grilling time. Separately, season the ribs with salt and pepper, add a bit of pineapple juice (yay for pineapple juice!) then bake them in the oven up to a day or two ahead of time. Wrap the ribs up tightly and keep refrigerated until ready to finish on the grill. When ready to serve, heat up the grill, and finish up the ribs with the glaze in no time.
Baking the ribs in pineapple juice is magical. It really is such a nice compliment to pork. The glaze recipe below is a bit lengthy, but oh so delectable. If you have a favorite BBQ sauce you can always prepare the ribs in the oven as noted in the recipe then glaze with your own sauce when grilled.
These Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe have become one our favorite family go-to recipes because they are so easy to prepare and always turn out fabulous. So perfect for entertaining larger groups too. Serve with corn on the cob, cole slaw, and potato salad for a scrumptious satisfying spread.
Other delicious grilling recipes you will enjoy:
- Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
- Southwestern Grilled Chicken Recipe with Lime Butter
- BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Perfect Grilled Salmon Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 3-4 pounds rack of baby back pork ribs
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Place a large piece of aluminum foil inside large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- Liberally salt and pepper rack of ribs on all sides.
- Place seasoned rib rack inside aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Pour pineapple juice over ribs; fold up sides of aluminum foil to seal in juice.
- Bake at 350-degrees F for 1 1/2 hours, or until ribs are tender. When tender, remove from oven, open aluminum foil; allow ribs to cool for at least 20 minutes.*
- While ribs are cooking, make glaze.** To make glaze, whisk together honey, whisky, hoisin sauce, mustard, molasses, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Once ribs have finished baking, preheat grill to medium heat. If needed, cut rib rack(s) in half for easier management on grill. Place ribs on grill, every minute or so, turn ribs and brush frequently with glaze, for a total of about 15 minutes. When done, slice ribs apart before serving.
*Ribs may be baked a day ahead, and refrigerated covered until ready to grill.) **Glaze may be made up to two days ahead and refrigerated covered.