Shaved Asparagus Salad Recipe
This Shaved Asparagus Salad with fresh parmesan and a lemony vinaigrette is a delicious and pretty addition to any meal.
Spring has sprung and so has fresh asparagus by the plenty! That means make all of the asparagus recipes, like this pretty Shaved Asparagus Salad tossed with a lovely vinaigrette and shaved parmesan. It’s an excellent side dish for any entree, especially chicken and fish. Or toss with cooked shrimp for a nice, light meal.
Aside from a bit of simple shaving of the asparagus with a basic vegetable peeler, this salad recipe is super quick and easy. The shaving doesn’t even take that long and it’s kind of fun too! If you’ve never made asparagus ribbons it is really easy. Pop off the woody end of the asparagus, then use a vegetable peeler to shave the full length of each asparagus spear to create ribbons. Thicker asparagus spears are easier to work with for shaving.
The simple vinaigrette is made by whisking together fresh lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey, grated garlic, salt and black pepper. It may be made ahead of time then kept refrigerated until ready to use. Toss the vinaigrette together with the asparagus “ribbons” and freshly shaved parmesan.
Shaved Asparagus Salad Recipe notes:
- The vinaigrette can be made ahead of time then kept refrigerated until ready to toss with the asparagus ribbons.
- Toss the shaved asparagus with the vinaigrette just before serving, up to an hour. I think it tends to get a bit soggy if it sits too long with the vinaigrette.
More Asparagus recipes you will enjoy:
- Asparagus and Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken and Asparagus from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Deep Dish Ham and Asparagus Quiche from Mom on Timeout
- Asparagus, Spinach, and Feta Cheese Frittata Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Shaved Asparagus Salad
A super simple salad made with fresh asparagus perfect for spring or summer.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds thick asparagus
- 2 ounces thinly shaved Parmesan
- To make vinaigrette,* whisk together lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, and grated garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove woody ends from asparagus. Use a vegetable peeler to shave asparagus into thin strips or “ribbons.” Add asparagus ribbons to a large bowl, add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve with thinly shaved Parmesan. Serve right away.
*Vinaigrette can be made ahead of time and kept refrigerated until ready to toss with asparagus ribbons just before serving.