Loaded Scrambled Eggs Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Loaded Scrambled Eggs, made with sausage, onion, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, eggs and herbs, make a colorful and pleasing plate for breakfast, brunch or brinner. Whip up a batch in no time for a satisfying meal.
We love preparing eggs around here. Poached, fried, scrambled, we do not discriminate. All eggs are welcome here. And not just for breakfast either. We’re big fans of brinner. You know … breakfast + dinner = brinner. Brinner is good eats, y’all. A Sunday night brinner is a meal to look forward to and a great ending to the week. These Loaded Scrambled Eggs are absolutely perfect addition to brinner, and of course, regular breakfast or brunch too.
Armed with a skillet and an assortment of simple ingredients these hearty Loaded Scrambled Eggs can be ready in no time. They are just perfect for a satisfying breakfast, brunch, or our favorite, breakfast for dinner, aka brinner. We do enjoy a good brinner once in a while. Do you?
These Loaded Scrambled Eggs are easy and relatively quick to make. From start to finish the total cook time is about 15-20 minutes tops. The ingredients can be prepped ahead of time, with most of the ingredients ready and kept waiting in the refrigerator for go time. In addition to the eggs, ground sausage, diced onion, diced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, baby spinach leaves, and a few basic herbs are called for in the recipe.
Easily substitute different types of sausage, peppers, or other leafy greens. Chicken sausage would be nice, and perhaps poblano peppers, and kale instead of baby spinach. The combinations are endless. The versatility is one of the things I like about making loaded scrambled eggs. We use whatever we have on hand. It’s always a great go-to breakfast. And if you’re eating carb free, this loaded scramble is a great way to start the day with a hearty carb free meal.
Serve this loaded scramble warm topped with fresh parsley or cilantro, and if you’d like, a sprinkling of your favorite shredded cheese. And if you are a fan of hot sauce like I am, try a drizzling atop this dish. I really think hot sauce is the perfect condiment for eggs. Round out this meal with some crusty toast and fruit for an excellent and oh so easy meal. Brinner has never looked better!
More delicious breakfast or brunch recipes you’ll enjoy:
- Easy Sausage Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Loaded Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)*
- 1 medium onion (red or yellow), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 cup (packed) fresh baby spinach leaves
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley, grated cheese
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer browned sausage to bowl. Leave sausage fat in pan; add 1 tablespoon butter and allow to melt.
- Add diced onions, diced bell pepper, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; continue to cook stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in beaten eggs and evenly spread baby spinach leaves over top. Wait 1 minute and stir all together, scraping up any egg from bottom and sides of pan. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until eggs are done, about 5 minutes. Add browned sausage back to pan; stir to incorporate. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm. Optional: garnish with fresh parsley and/or shredded cheese of choice.
*Depending on sausage used more butter or olive oil may need to be used. Make sure pan is lightly coated before adding vegetables.