Easy Sausage Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Sausage Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe is a tasty dish to wake up to and perfect for serving a crowd for breakfast or brunch.
Entertaining a crowd can be a pleasure, when you’re awake. Sometimes the morning comes early so it’s great to have breakfast already prepared and ready to warm. This Sausage Cheese Breakfast Casserole recipe is just what you need on those occasions. It can be easily prepared ahead, even frozen if needed then thawed the evening before. The recipe makes enough for a dozen and is the perfect main breakfast dish to serve as a quick breakfast with fresh fruit or as an addition to a brunch menu. And here’s a tasty tip: a light drizzling of maple syrup is a delectable addition to this breakfast casserole. Delicious!
Ground sausage, eggs, bread, Monterey Jack cheese and a few spices mingle together to create this savory casserole that will have everyone rising and shining and ready to eat. Enjoy!
A few other breakfast and brunch recipes you may enjoy:
- 12 ounces ground sausage
- 12 large eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound loaf bread,* sliced thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or preferred cheese)
- Prepare 13 x 9–inch (3-quart) baking dish or casserole by lightly coating with cooking spray or butter.
- Brown sausage. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add milk, dry mustard, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper, whisk together to combine.
- Add browned sausage, bread cubes, and cheddar cheese to egg/milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared 13 x 9–inch (3-quart) baking dish or casserole. Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator and let stand 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350-degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.