Irish Cream Chocolate Pie Recipe
This fluffy Irish Cream Chocolate Pie is a fabulous chocolatey ending to a meal and oh so perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
I don’t really know what this history behind the meaning of “luck of the Irish,”, but I have to think pie was involved. If not, it should’ve been. Pie makes everything better. Pie makes you feel lucky—like you just hit the jackpot—the ole leprechaun pot of gold jackpot.
This Irish Cream Chocolate Pie certainly falls under the jackpot in the pie category. It’s easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. The hardest thing about this pie is having to wait the 6 hours or so for it to set up, other than that, it’s as easy as, you know, pie.
Irish Cream Chocolate Pie notes:
- When adding the melted chocolate to the whipped cream mixture, it will take a while to incorporate. Sometimes as the chocolate continues to cool down it may create tiny bits of chocolate throughout the pie. That is okay. It will still taste great!
- A pre-made chocolate cookie crust may be used.
- This pie can be made up to 2 days ahead of time and kept (gently) covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
More easy and tasty pie recipes to check out:
- Chocolate Candy Bar Pie
- Frozen Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Pie
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Cream Pie from Recipe Girl
Irish Cream Chocolate Pie
A fluffy chocolatey pie flavored with Irish Cream made with an easy chocolate cookie pie crust.
For the chocolate crust:*
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (about 30 chocolate thin wafer cookies)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
For the pie filling:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 ounces Irish Cream Liqueur (like Baileys)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate crust:
- Preheat an oven to 350-degrees F.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter until well-incorporated. Pour mixture into a 9-inch pie dish or plate. Press crumb mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the pie filling:
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Continue whipping while streaming in the Irish Cream Liqueur.
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions. Stir 1/2 cup of the whipped cream mixture into the melted chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add melted chocolate into remaining whipped cream; gently mix until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Refrigerate for about 6 hours or until set.
*A prepared store bought chocolate cookie crust may be used as well.
Originally published March 6, 2015.