Asparagus and Shrimp Salad Recipe
This easy citrusy salad of Asparagus and Shrimp Salad tossed with a Lemon Dill Vinaigrette makes a great dish for a low-carb option or serve over pasta for palate pleasing meal.
When it comes to thinking up and planning for some low carb options my mind instantly goes blank. I think chicken and steak and salad and then … nothing. It’s like when you’re playing one of those word game, like Scrabble, but it’s timed, and your mind goes blank. The next day you can think of all kinds of words you could have created. Low-carb options are like that for me. I see all kinds of tasty options, but when I hit the grocery store or it’s time to plan dinner my mind is void of all things low-carb.
That’s when I like discovering low-carb recipes like this one for Asparagus and Shrimp Salad tossed with a light Lemon Dill Vinaigrette. So simple, yet so full of flavor. Plus it looks kind of fancy too. No one will ever know that it took less than 30 minutes to put together. This Asparagus and Shrimp Salad is also perfect for making ahead for a picnic or luncheon or as the perfect light lunch to take to work. Eat this salad alone as a light dish or if you’re not concerned with carbs, toss with pasta or couscous for a more hearty meal.
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Dill Seed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast dill seed for about 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Immediately remove from hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, shallot, dill seed, mustard, sugar and salt in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Bring a stock pot full of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender-crisp. Using a slotted spoon, immediately transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water until cold to halt cooking. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Repeat cooking and chilling process with shrimp. Drain well. Add shrimp to asparagus in large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette to asparagus and shrimp; toss to coat well. Serve immediately. Or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.