Honey Prosciutto Flatbread Appetizer

This is hardly a recipe. It’s more like a combo, a combination of flavors that has totally made it to our list of keepers. Although when prosciutto is involved, how can you go wrong?

Begin with flatbread crackers, followed with a thin layer of gouda, a small pile of prosciutto, and a smidgen of thinly sliced red onion, all drizzled with honey, and you’ve got yourself a flavor party for your next party. Simple as that. And this is simple, so simple, but oh, so very satisfying. Try them for your next party (or lunch), and see what you think.

Enjoy!

Honey Prosciutto Appetizer

• flatbread crackers (I used rosemary flatbread crackers.)
  • gouda, thinly sliced
  • prosciutto
  • red onion, thinly sliced
  • enough honey for drizzling
  1. Layer the gouda, prosciutto, red onion on the flatbread crackers, drizzle with honey, and watch them disappear.

Comments

Prosciutto is one of my absolute favorite ingredients to work with.

These cute little appetizers look great. I can’t wait to try them out at my next dinner party, especially because eople are going to think I’m so fancy! :)

The combo does look great and I can see these appetizers getting instantly snapped up. I’ve never seen flatbread crackers before, so I need to scope this out! The creamy, salty, sweet flavors as well as the crunchy and soft texture make this a perfect pre-meal snack!

Sian says

Just made these as a test run for a bridal shower in a month. They taste and look fantastic and are so simple to make!!

Well, let’s face it, prosciutto di Parma works perfectly with any combination :). I’m quite partial to putting a layer of Mascarpone cheese to add that little bit of creamyness and sweetness

Suzette says

Silly question. Where can I get Flatbread Crackers….in Fort Lauderdale, FL.:-)

Nita says

These appetizers do look terrific. I made them for a party where there were several other appetizers available. Only four of them were eaten. The have very little flavor which did surprise me. They definitely were not the hit of the party.