Strawberry Lemon Basil Pasta Salad Recipe
Strawberry Lemon Basil Pasta Salad is a tasty dish that will brighten up any plate.
Spring has sprung and no one is happier to see a change in season. The daffodils are popping up everywhere, the forsythia couldn’t be brighter and our transplanted red buds are just gorgeous (thank you, Nanny J!) I love how the change of season is reflected on our plates too. Local asparagus, broccoli, and strawberries are signs that spring is really (and finally!) here. This Strawberry Lemon Basil Pasta Salad recipe is the perfect dish to perk up your plate to welcome spring.
This pasta salad is super simple. The dressing can be made a day ahead and tossed with everything except the strawberries. Add those in just before serving to avoid the whole salad turning pink. Although a pink pasta salad may be perfectly what you want for a baby shower.
Serve this pasta salad with these other fresh side dishes:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (zest the lemons first)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle pasta, cooked (about 8 cups cooked)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Add pasta, basil, lemon zest and strawberries;* toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve or refrigerate covered until ready to serve.