Roasted Strawberry Sauce Recipe
This easy Roasted Strawberry Sauce is a fantastic fruit topping to add to so many dishes like pancakes, cheesecake, ice cream, and poundcake. Or blend it up with some vanilla ice cream for a mouthwatering strawberry milkshake.
A few weeks ago I made a delicious Vanilla Cheesecake that I shared right here with you. When my husband, Randy got home that day I had a piece drizzled with this Roasted Strawberry Sauce waiting for him. Cheesecake is one of his very favorite desserts and while he did enjoy it very much, he specifically commented between bites about the strawberry topping. Ripe strawberries, mixed with a bit of sugar and a little vanilla extract then roasted under a bit of heat makes an incredibly easy sauce to use not only on top of cheesecake, but waffles, poundcake, or ice cream sundaes, just to name a few.
It always amazes me how simple ingredients can come together to make something special. And this Roasted Strawberry Sauce is definitely something special. This fresh strawberry sauce can be made in a short 15-20 minutes to enjoy however you like.
So if you have ripe strawberries on hand, be sure to try this Roasted Strawberry Sauce real soon, as well as these other strawberry recipes:
- Bruleed Strawberries and Cream Recipe
- Strawberry Tart Recipe
- Frozen Strawberry Squares Recipe
- Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- Strawberry Cream Scone Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla and spread evenly in a baking dish. Roast uncovered for 15 minutes at 400-degrees F, stirring once.