Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
This easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe makes such an excellent treat to enjoy for any autumnal holiday celebration.
Are you looking for a sweet treat that everyone will love this fall? These colorful Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with a chocolate cookie crust will become a annual favorite each fall. They are perfect for Halloween, tailgating, Thanksgiving, or just to celebrate the change in the season.
These cheesecake bars are easy to make. Begin by making the chocolate cookie crust. It’s super simple. Crushed chocolate creme filled cookies (like Oreos) and butter and combined then pressed into a baking pan. Bake the crust for about 10 minutes and allow to cool a bit.
While the crust is baking begin making the filling for the pumpkin cheesecake portion of the bars. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, along with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, salt, and bit of flour. Once combined pour over the baked and slightly cooled cookie crust. The secret to making sure that the cheesecake does not crack is to place the baking pan that you are using for your cheesecake bars onto a rimmed baking sheet, then fill partway with hot water. This keeps the cheesecake moist and tender and ensures gorgeous results!
Once your Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars have baked, remove them from the oven and allow to cool. When they have cooled a bit, cover and transfer to the refrigerator to completely chill and set. I promise, it will be hard to not want to sneak a taste of them, but their time is well spent chilling out in the refrigerator. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. When ready to serve, carefully remove them from the pan using the parchment or foil overhang and slice them up.
Believe me, you’ll get requests for these yummy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars year after year! And you find yourself waiting for summer to come to an end, so you can have a good excuse to make them too.
More delicious pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Scones Recipe
- Easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Easy cheesecake bars with a chocolate cookie crust and a pumpkin spiced up cheesecake filling are the perfect treat for any fall occasion.
- 20 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- hot water
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Line 8×8-inch baking pan with baking parchment or aluminum foil allowing overhang. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- For crust: Pulse cookies in food processor until fully ground, continue pulsing while gradually streaming in melted butter until incorporated. Press mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- For filling: Using an electric mixture on medium speed, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in pumpkin puree, then eggs one at a time, and beat together until smooth. Add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, salt, and flour, beat until just combined.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust. Place pan on large rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven on center rack. Pour hot water into baking sheet until almost full. Bake at 350-degrees F for about 40-45 minutes, until set around edges, but still slightly jiggly in middle.
- Remove from oven cool completely on rack. Once cool, cover and chill until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Using the parchment or foil overhang, lift cheesecake out of pan and cut to desired size.
Adapted from America’s Best Recipes.
Originally published October 3, 2014.