This tasty Guacamole Recipe is the perfect place for those ripe avocados, combined with a bit of fresh lime juice, tomatoes, onion and fresh cilantro.
I’ve never met a guacamole I didn’t like, and this Guacamole Recipe is certainly no exception. Picture this: Fifteen years ago, I’m sitting in a chair at the salon, getting my hair all prettied up, flipping through magazines, when I come across a guacamole recipe.
At first glance the guacamole recipe didn’t seem like anything special, but as I sat there getting all gussied up, I could not stop thinking about that guacamole recipe. I could almost taste it. Something about simple fresh ingredients all piled on a crunchy corn tortilla chip made my appetite soar as I sat there trapped in beautidom.
I made a little detour on the way home to stock up on all the ingredients. As soon as I walked in the door of my home, I sliced open the ripe avocado, diced the tomatoes and onions, and began assembling the guacamole. A few minutes later, Randy and I devoured the best batch of homemade guacamole, ever! We’ve continued to enjoy fresh homemade guacamole ever since that day. Nothing beats fresh guacamole.
Homemade guacamole could not be easier. If you are intimidated by homemade guacamole, stop that nonsense right now and try this recipe. Seriously, what are you waiting for? Grab some avocados and get to mashing. Whether it is to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or just any regular day you have ripe avocados on hand, homemade guac is the thing to make. Make your own fresh batch today!
Here are some other terrifically delicious avocado recipes you will enjoy:
- Green Salad with Shrimp and Avocado from Reluctant Entertainer
- Bean and Avocado Salsa Tortilla Cups from TidyMom
- Spinach Avocado Dip from Dine and Dish
- Avocado Fries
Ripe avocados, lime juice, tomatoes, onion and fresh cilantro come together to create a fabulous fresh dip or topping.
- 3 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- optional (for spicy version): 1 jalapeño, minced
- In a large bowl, mash together avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or store covered refrigerated until ready to serve.
Originally published May 3, 2015.