Chicken Lazone Pasta Recipe
This rich and creamy Chicken Lazone Pasta Recipe is easy enough for any night of the week, but perfect for special occasions too.
The day before our daughter, Hope, returned for her senior year at university I made one of her favorites, and mine too, if we’re being honest, chicken and pasta. Not just any chicken and pasta dish, but Chicken Lazone Pasta.
What is Chicken Lazone Pasta, you ask? Well, After seeing Chicken Lazone recipes pop up all over the internets, I wondered the same thing and I thought I should look into it. After all, something with such a cool name deserves a little looking into.
Apparently it is a dish created by Brennan’s in New Orleans. I checked out their website and didn’t find it currently on their menu. Maybe it is in their cookbook. I don’t know, but no need to go to a restaurant to not find it on their menu when you can make it right at home. I started with a version from Food & Wine, because Food & Wine seem to really know a good deal about food … and wine.
Chicken Lazone Pasta is a cinch to make. It is made by first seasoning boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, salt and black pepper. Next, the seasoned chicken breasts are pan-fried in butter. Then a rich creamy sauce is created that is absolutely scrumptious with pasta.
Light? No. Chicken Lazone is definitely a dish for a special occasion, like going back to school or running a marathon, the same thing really. And there is no coincidence that “Lazone” rhymes with “gone” because that’s what happens to it, and quickly! You’ll enjoy this one. I can’t wait to hear what you think about it. Happy cooking!
More easy pasta recipes you will enjoy:
Chicken Lazone Pasta Recipe
An easy chicken and pasta recipe with a rich and creamy sauce full of flavor.
- 16 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chile powder (ancho or chipotle are nice for this dish)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 cup rough chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, chile powder, salt and pepper. If chicken breasts are thicker than 1/2-inch, butterfly or pound to 1/2-inch thickness. Evenly season chicken on all sides with seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and allow to melt; swirl to coat pan.
- Place seasoned chicken in the skillet in a single layer. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until browned and slightly crisp. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover.
- Pour the reserved pasta water into the skillet, scrapping up dark bits. Reduce heat to low to medium-low. Stir in the heavy cream. Stirring occasionally, gradually warm to a slow simmer. Continue to stir occasionally; allow to slowly simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 5-7 minutes. Add more salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Coat each piece of chicken in sauce, turning to coat both sides. Allow to warm in sauce for a few minutes. Transfer coated chicken to a plate or move/stack to one side of skillet.
- Add cooked pasta and fresh parsley to skillet; toss well in sauce to coat.
- Serve warm topped garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine.