Blueberry Fool Recipe
This easy Blueberry Fool Recipe is the perfect no bake dessert for summer.
Summertime desserts that don’t require baking or cooking are not only practical when it’s hot outside and you’re trying to keep things cool on the inside, but most of them are gorgeous too! This Blueberry Fool is no exception. It’s a light dessert that can be made with a blender and electric mixer. Unless, of course, you’re up for whipping your cream by hand, which is totally doable and fun if you have a group of friends who would like to have a cream whipping party.
As far as a fruit fool, I’ve always been curious of the name. What’s foolish about this delicious dessert? So I did a little sleuthing (thanks Wikipedia) and didn’t find a clear answer to the etymology. I discovered that we can thank the English for this delectable fluffy dessert (originally made with gooseberries), but as far as the name goes, the only mention was a reference to the French word “fouler” that means to crush or press which is what happens to the fruit in this recipe. That explanation was squashed as a possibility.
Who knows where the name came from. All I know is that it would be foolish not to make it. It’s such a simple recipe for such sophisticated results. It would be a perfect dessert for a wedding or baby shower. Perfect, I say!
More easy no bake recipes perfect for summer:
- Mini Chocolate Strawberry No Bake Desserts
- Meyer Lemon Thyme Icebox Cake Recipe
- Honey Whipped Cream Parfait
Blueberry Fool Recipe
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- Add blueberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice to a blender. Puree until sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer on high to beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In dessert dishes or small glasses, begin with whipped cream and alternate layers of whipped cream and blueberry puree. Use a skewer or knife to gently swirl puree and whipped cream together. Serve right away.
If prepping ahead, blueberry puree and whipped cream can be stored separately in refrigerator, covered until ready to assemble.