These Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Muffins are so perfect for a snack or breakfast treat for any time of the year. This recipe was one of the early recipes originally shared way back 0n November 24, 2009. I thought I’d reintroduce it since not only is it a fantastic muffin recipe but it also comes with a song by my beloved. Yes, it’s a bonus.
You’re in for a treat. Instead of telling you all about how yummy this muffin recipe is, my husband, who I love so much, wrote a song about these Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Muffins that he loved so much (he loves me too, much more). Never a dull moment around here folks.
Take it away, Randy …
Hope you enjoyed the little ditty. In our home we break out in song at the drop of a hat, but these muffins were definitely song worthy.
These Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Muffins are super easy with a great cast of ingredients: butter, chocolate, cranberries and pistachios are the main players. Such a tasty combination! I do like how cranberries add a little tartness to counter the sweetness in these muffins. Mix them all up with some eggs, flour, sugar and a splash of vanilla and you’ve got yourself some muffins that’ll make you sing. Or at least hum a little.
Make ‘em and you can see for yourself. And maybe you’ll sing a little too.
This recipe came way through my friend, Ansley, from her mom who I’ve never met but I love like a mom too for this fabulous muffin recipe. Thank you Ansley’s mom. The muffins were originally called Traveling Muffins but since they inspired song they’ve been renamed. (Another reason I renamed them is because, as a traveling muffin, they wouldn’t last long in my car.) The original also called for raisins (instead of cranberries) and pecans (instead of pistachios).
I hope you enjoy this muffin recipe. Here are a few other muffin recipes to check out while you’re here:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3 squares (3 0z.) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup cranberries (washed and dried)
- 1¾ cup shelled dry roasted, salted pistachios
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter and chocolate.
- Add cranberries and pistachios. Let cool. Did you hear that? Let it cool, man.
- Mix together flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Do NOT beat; just mix until combined. Over mixing ain’t good – it makes for one tough muffin.
- Fill prepared muffin tin with batter. For jumbo muffins, use about ⅓ cup batter per muffin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes for jumbo muffins or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Adjust cook time depending on muffin size.
Updated. Originally published 11/24/09.