Easy Sugared Cranberries
Sugared Cranberries may look fancy, but they are so easy to make. They are perfect for adding a special touch to desserts or beverages, or just enjoy them alone as a sweet and tart snack.
The sweetest of holiday treats look pretty good too! These Sugared Cranberries are the perfect combination of berry and sugar, the tart and sweetness work together and practically pop in your mouth. The recipe is super easy, only four ingredients! If you can simmer water and play with your food you’ve got a batch of Sugared Cranberries.Top them on a cake or serve alone like nuts.These sweet treats are super pretty too! They look like little ornaments for your kitchen table. I kinda want to hang them on my tree!
The process is simple. The only difficult part is having to wait for the cranberries and simple syrup to chill for 8 hours. Coating them in sugar is super simple and pretty too! Just swirl them around on a baking sheet in granulated sugar until they look like they’re covered in frost. It was so fun and quick we made a little video with a Johnson family soundtrack of a banjo and bells just so you could see how quickly it is. Can you say holiday cheer?
Sugared Cranberries recipe notes:
- Make sure to let the sugar syrup cool before pouring on the cranberries or the cranberries may burst.
- Also, make sure you let the cranberries sit and dry so the sugar will not come off.
- Storage is easy. Simply transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
You may also enjoy these holiday treats:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup + granulated sugar for sugaring
- In a small saucepan bring 2 cups sugar and water to a simmer, stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries. Cool completely, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Strain cranberries (Be sure to reserve the simple syrup to use for another recipe).
- Spread ½ cup sugar on a small baking sheet. Add cranberries a little at a time and gently shake and jiggle baking sheet to coat cranberries.
- Transfer sugared cranberries to a clean baking sheet and let sit for about 1-2 hours, until dry.
- To store, transfer to airtight container and refrigerate.