Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies Recipe
These easy Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies remind me of a Mounds bar in cookies form with some healthy oatmeal added in for good measure and a bit more texture too!
This time of year brings all kinds of goodness like these Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal No Bake Cookies. They take me back to years gone by. I remember my mother making them in a flash (this is actually her recipe), and grabbing one for each hand before heading out to play with my cousins. They are so very quick to make. And they disappear even quicker! And if you’re fond of Mounds candy bars, I think you’ll like these very, very much.A little bit of stove top time is required for melting, then everything gets mixed together then dropped in tasty little mounds to firm up. These no-flour sweet and nutty treats are great for sharing as edible gifts. Once they firm up, these little goodies package well and would make any chocolate coconut loving recipients happy.
On a recent Princes Cruises, there were little treats like this offered daily in one of my favorite spots on the ship: The International Cafe. Tarts, brownies, cookies and other decadent sweets were there tempting me each day when I went for a pick me up with a hot tea of mocha. Even though these no bake cookies aren’t as fancy, they remind me of those goodies. I think they would fit right in nicely to the selection. They are just as decadent, and are great with a cup of coffee.
I’m not a gluten-free expert, but I do think these no bake cookies qualify as such. I’m pretty sure oatmeal is acceptable, but confirm that this gluten-free and do some double checking. And if anyone out there IS an expert, please let me know in the comments below and I will make note of it right here.
Happy treat making!
If you’re looking for more goodies to make check out these:
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies Recipe
- Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 stick butter, salted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats and coconut. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over oats and coconut and stir to combine well.
- Using a spoon drop by 1½-2 tablespoon mounds of desired size on lined baking sheets. Cool and eat.
(Disclaimer: Princess Cruises hosted me and a guest on a cruise. They covered all costs associated with the trip.)