Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This easy Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe is a delicious treat to share at holiday parties or package up for the perfect edible gift to share.
There are two things that I have to hide from my husband if I plan on using it in a recipe: dark chocolate, and nuts of any sort. It’s like he has a radar or something. A bag of almonds can disappear in no time, man. So you can only imagine when I combined dark chocolate and pistachios to make this Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe how much his choco-nut radar was going crazy. But then—the wacky guy—he actually asked before tasting it if it was good. What’s not to be good? It’s chocolate and pistachios. A no-brainer in my book, and apparently in many other’s books too.
I think that the chocolate nut combo favorite may account for the bazillion tasty bark recipes seen around this time of the year. Thankfully, somehow we forget about this decadent treat the other 11 months of the year, or I’d be in a heap of trouble. Plus, my husband’s choco-nut radar would be broken, worn out from all that detecting and such.
So go get you some chocolate, get you some nuts, and do this:
Party on! Rock the bark, y’all!
For other chocolate favorites, check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermints
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 8 ounces, weight dark chocolate (around 70% cacao recommended)
- 4 ounces, weight white chocolate
- 1½ ounces, weight roasted salted pistachio kernels, chopped
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or waxed paper.
- Melt dark chocolate according to package directions. Evenly spread on the lined baking sheet in an area approximately 8x8."
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle white chocolate over dark chocolate. Gently spread white chocolate over dark chocolate, OR (this is much more fun) using a toothpick, swirl white chocolate around in swirly-swirl patterns. Have fun with it!
- Sprinkle top with chopped pistachios.
- Chill in refrigerator about 10-15 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
- Break into pieces. Serve or store in an air-tight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
Updated. This post was originally published 12/11/12.