Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You’ll find this easy Chocolate Biscotti recipe easier than you think.
Coffee and chocolate are perfect partners. They’re so similar. They both come from beans, both which grow in similar clients. Both are dark. Both are addicting (at least to me they are). AND I like both. Yep, I like them both very much. Do you?
Anyway, these guys make a great pair for sure, and you will find that this Chocolate Biscotti dunked in a great cup of coffee is no exception. No bland biscotti here. No siree bobtail. It is quite the perfect biscotti. It is rich, and chocolatey, of course with the satisfying crunch that biscotti delivers. It just begs for a good cup of Joe. You’ll see.
If you’ve never made biscotti before it may seem daunting, but I think you will be very surprised at how easy biscotti is to make. Really. It is very similar to making cookies. The dough is very much like a cookie dough. It’s just what you do with that dough that is different. Basically, two large cookie logs are formed instead of small dough balls, then it is baked for a while, then sliced, and toasted. Super easy. Promise.
This recipe is too good to not try out. Especially the next time you’re having a coffee social, or maybe when looking for a great baked treat to share as gifts during the holidays. Wrap a few of these crispy treats up tight, tie it with bow, stick it in a coffee mug and you’ve got the perfect little gift. Of course, this Chocolate Biscotti may not last long enough to get wrapped up. It’s dangerously good. My daughter, who was never a big fan of biscotti, couldn’t stay away from it. It is as addicting as coffee.
Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Prepare large baking sheet by lining with parchment, baking mat, or with butter and flour.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Add vanilla extract and combine well.
- Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Mix in chocolate chips until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Flour hands and form dough into two slightly flattened logs on prepared baking sheets, each approximately 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut diagonally into ¾-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on a rack.
- Store in airtight containers up to 1 week. Biscotti may be kept wrapped in freezer safe plastic wrap and frozen up to a month.
Adapted from Epicurious.com.