This easy Lime Pie Dip Recipe is quick to make and the perfect sweet treat to serve for dessert or a snack with graham crackers.
While on the hunt for an old recipe I scratched down on a scrap piece of paper many years ago, I found a slew of recipes I had torn from magazines crammed in between my cookbooks. A slew, I’m telling ya. I am nothing if not well-intentioned.
I flipped through the ripped and wrinkled pages of recipes when one for a happy looking simple lemon pie dip from Southern Living magazine caught my eye. With no lemon on hand, but always plenty of lime, I decided to adapt and create a Lime Pie Dip recipe. The original recipe called for sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice, but I added a bit of cream cheese to thicken it up, as well as some fresh lime zest, and a pinch of salt, because a pinch of salt always adds something special to a sweet treat.
Served with graham crackers, this Lime Pie Dip makes for the perfect perky little addition to a dessert menu, or as just a snack. I can see this being packed along for a picnic too! And if you’re watching your intake, this dip is also a great way to enjoy a smaller portion of a sweet treat without caving in for a whole piece of pie. And that’s always a great option for me in my home.
A few notes for this easy Lime Pie Dip recipe:
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lime juice. I think freshly squeezed juice always makes a world of difference.
- I used reduced fat cream cheese, but use whatever you prefer.
- This Lime Pie Dip can be quickly made a few days ahead and kept covered and refrigerated unit already to serve, which makes this recipe even better for entertaining. I do like a recipe that can be made ahead, don’t you?
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (takes about 3 limes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with graham crackers, sliced apples, or pears.