Lime Pie Dip Recipe
An easy Lime Pie Dip Recipe that is the perfect sweet treat to serve for dessert or as a summery poolside snack.
While on the hunt for a recipe that I scratched down years ago, I found a slew of recipe pages torn from magazines crammed in between my cookbooks. A slew, I’m telling ya. I am nothing if not well-intentioned.
I flipped through the pile of ripped and wrinkled pages of recipes. That was pre-Pinterest. Pages ripped from magazines was where it was at, y’all. I perused through the pages of what had caught my attention years before, when one recipe for a perky and simple lemon pie dip from Southern Living magazine caught my eye. With no lemon on hand, but always plenty of lime, I decided to adapt and create a Lime Pie Dip recipe. The original recipe called for sweetened condensed milk plus lemon juice, but I added a bit of cream cheese to thicken it up, as well as some fresh lime zest, and just a pinch of salt, because a pinch of salt always adds something special to a sweet treat. Always.
Serve this sweet and tart dip with graham crackers, or fresh strawberries. This Lime Pie Dip makes for the perfect perky little addition to a dessert menu, or an afternoon snack on a hot summer’s day. It would be easy to pack along for a picnic too! And if you’re watching your intake, this dip is also a great way to enjoy a smaller portion of a sweet treat without caving in for a whole piece of pie. That’s always a great option for us around here.
A few notes for this easy Lime Pie Dip recipe:
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lime juice. I think freshly squeezed juice is so much better than prepackaged. Fresh squeezed makes a world of difference.
- This recipe calls for cream cheese. I used reduced fat cream cheese, but use what you prefer.
- This Lime Pie Dip can be quickly made a few days ahead, then kept covered and refrigerated until ready to serve, which makes this recipe excellent for entertaining. I do like a recipe that can be made ahead, don’t you?
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (takes about 3 limes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve with graham crackers, sliced apples, or pears.
Originally posted April 4, 2013. Updated July 13, 2015.