Frozen Strawberry Squares Recipe
Frozen Strawberry Squares is a refreshing dessert made with fresh strawberries and cream. This frozen dessert has been one of the more popular dessert recipes here since sharing it a few years back.
It’s been pretty warm around here these past few days. It seems like it went from jackets with jeans to flip flop weather overnight. Today was actually hot. As hot as a … Want to finish that sentence? I’ve never lived anywhere else to know what the norm is, but we hear weather related colloquialisms all the time here in the south.
It’s hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch.
It’s as hot as a snakes butt on a hay ride. (you can use that one when it’s really cold too)
It’s as hot as a fox in a hen house.
Know any good ones? Around these parts we get our entertainment however we can.
While it may be getting as hot as hades outside, you can chill things down a bit with these Frozen Strawberry Squares. They’re a cool sweet treat, and so easy to whip up. Plus, you can make them a couple of days ahead of time. Perfect!
Crushed fresh strawberries and a homemade whipped topping are combined, then spread atop a crunchy nutty crust base. Then it’s all topped off with a sprinkling of more nutty crispy crust mixture that was reserved. That’s it! All that’s left to do is let it sit, chilling in the freezer for a while. Simple stuff.
Other berries may be substituted. Blueberries would be mighty fine. Raspberries? Yes, indeed! I think you’ll find this to be a light and refreshing dessert perfect for the end of a warm day. Enjoy! Stay cool, y’all.
More strawberries treat you’ll love:
- 1 cup flour (almond flour may be substituted)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (other chopped nuts may be substituted)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 10 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, crushed/smashed
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8x8" pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool
- Once cooled, evenly press ⅔ of the mixture in the 8x8" pan to create crust.
- Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours.
- Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.