Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps
These recipe for easy Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps is perfect for lunch or dinner, or even as an tasty appetizer.
Lettuce wraps have been a popular menu item around here for awhile. And thankfully a few friends have made their own version that I’ve had the pleasure to test out. So when I started thinking of ways to cut back on calories, but not flavor, lettuce wraps were one of the first things that came to mind, specifically, Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps.
This lettuce wraps recipe creates the perfect combination of savory, spicy and crunchy that I just love. Plus they’re easy. And I always like easy. Don’t you?
This is a simple recipe for Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps. Top them off with your favorite hot sauce, basil or more cashews and you’ll have a winner for sure. And while most restaurants offer them as appetizers, I think they’re perfect for the main course. Definitely.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 chicken breasts (about ¾ lb. total), diced
- 8 leaves of greenleaf or iceburg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all stir fry sauce ingredients making sure to dissolve brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in pan over medium to medium high heat. Add diced chicken and brown (about 4-5 minutes). Remove chicken from oil. Add onions, garlic and 1 teaspoon soy sauce to pan; brown. When onions and garlic are brown and tender, add stir fry sauce, browned chicken, and cashews. Saute mixture for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into individual lettuce leaves. Add your favorite hot sauce, more cashews or basil.