Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
Breakfast is an essential part of the day, and when it involves pancakes, like these Yogurt Pancakes, it is a tasty part too!
A plateful of fluffy pancakes is a welcome sight early in the morning any day of the week. And when drizzled with syrup or topped with fresh fruit (or both) you have got a plate of goodness on your hands that would entice anyone to rise and shine to be the early bird. The early bird gets the pancakes, right? Well at least around here they do. Pancakes seem to disappear as quick as they make it off of the skillet. Crazy how that happens.
If you are a pancake fan, I think you will really enjoy this recipe. These delightful Yogurt Pancakes are made with a slight twist. The ingredients includes Greek yogurt and a bit of honey for a delicious pancake with just a hint of sweetness. Not too sweet. Just right. Plus, the Greek yogurt supplies a little bit of extra protein, which is always a good thing to start your day with. This Yogurt Pancakes recipe is pancake perfection! That is what it is.
Delicious Yogurt Pancakes are not only great for breakfast or brunch, but dessert too. Serve a nice stack topped with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream, then drizzle it with chocolate syrup, a sprinkling of toasted nuts or fruit for an over-the-top, yet supper easy dessert, or what we like to call bressert! Yay for bressert! What a perfect bressert to serve the next time you cook breakfast for dinner.
Whatever time of the day you choose to enjoy these pancakes, I do hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
Check out these other delicious pancake recipes:
- Easy Oreo Pancakes Recipe
- Sweet Potato Pancake Recipe
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Coconut Pancakes
Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
Delicious hearty pancakes made with yogurt and honey for a bit of sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek style yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- butter for pan
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients until just combined and most lumps are gone. Do not over mix.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to coat skillet.
- For each pancakes, ladle 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet and gently spread batter into a circle about 6-inches in diameter. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface and underside is golden brown. Carefully flip pancake, then cook for the same amount of time for a total of about 2-3 minutes per pancake. Check for doneness and adjust cook time as necessary. Repeat for each pancake adding more butter to skillet as needed.
Makes about 12 (6-inch) pancakes.
Originally published January 7, 2015.